Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend work and start of school

This weekend was busy, getting summer stuff down, so we can head back into the school year.  So, we started on the pool.  Let's just say, the pool goes up much quicker than it comes down.  It took us 2 days to get it down.  Then, we cleaned it up, and got it stored.  We also picked up all the pool toys, goggles, floats, noodles.  Then, we got the tent folded up, and stored.

We also got the truck and car cleaned out, and did a very thorough job of it.  We even shampooed up some of the car seats.  The truck has leather, so we just washed that down.  Washed all the windows, Rick did all the dashboards, and doors.  Whew!

I cut 2 heads of hair, and still have more to do.  I just got too wore out, after all that work.  I think we collapsed into bed that night.

Sunday night, we didn't have church, so we took 3 vehicles to Stillwater to Nelson's ice cream store.  WOW!!!!!   What a huge ice cream cone, and what a blast!!!  Siah & Sarah & family went in one van, Josh and Brittany and Elise, and Rachel and Becca & Gracelyn took another van, and the rest of us followed in our truck.

Here is Gracelyn, after eating some of Rachel's cone!



These were the child size cones!!  They cost $3.25 each, and very well worth it.

Yesterday, we went with my parents to the National Eagle Center.  It was a lot of fun  They take in injured, and unable to fly eagles.  They had 4 bald eagles, and 1 golden eagle.  It was very informative, and lots of fun.


Today, I got my Zagg mate for my iPad!  I am so excited!!  Then, I found out I have to wait, as it wasn't charged. 

Thursday night, we were supposed to go see Tim Hawkins up in the cities.  We made a mistake, and didn't get tickets ordered in time.  So, instead, we are going on a river boat cruise, with a dinner of bbq'd ribs and herbed chicken.  YUM!!  And, I am talking people into going back to the ice cream shop!!  :)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment