Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting ready to head into the holidays

Well, here we are, just a little over a week away from Thanksgiving!  I am  looking forward to Thanksgiving, as I have some new ideas on how to fix the meal.  :)  I am going for ease of preparation.  LOL

We have had some mice in the house.  I.  don't.  do.  mice.  at all.  One night, hubby chased one around with a broom, but couldn't catch it.  We set out a ton of traps.  Well, not a ton, but how does 5 in my bedroom sound??  Be careful where you walk!!  No, just on the edges of the walls.  No, I don't have 5 walls, but some had a couple traps.  We didn't get any for a long time.  Began to think they went back outside.  Then one night we caught 2 mice, and another night, we caught 1 more.  Hope we are done with them.

Not much else has been going on in the construction department here.  I got tired of trying to get into things, so we finally moved some stuff around, just so I can access a few important cabinets.

This is inside the rec room. Still need a wall finished here.



This is outside the rec room.  The vacuum cleaner in front of the doors is to keep it closed.  
Something still isn't quite adjusted right.
 


I've been using the treadmill lately.  Well, yesterday and today.  I hope I can keep it up!

Rachel had the stomach flu starting early Sunday morning.  So far, no one else has gotten it.  I have been using the sanitize on my washing machine, and using the extra hot water and the sani-rinse on the dishwasher.  So far so good.

Speaking of the stomach flu.  :)  Last week, I had to take Sam in to get his thyroid tested, as he has hypothyroid (low thyroid).  While I am checking him in, a mom with an infant and a toddler come in, and stand next to me to get checked in.  Her toddler starts violently vomiting, twice on the carpet.  Then, she got her a garbage can and the little girl continued in that.  I was moving away.  We sure don't want it.  The hospitals/clinics really need to have a well patient check in area.  I mean, we were only coming in for a lab draw, and I sure hope we didn't bring home more than we went with!!!!

Yesterday, Becca watched the twin girls, with their brother.  Here they are:



Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment