Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So, what does a mom of many do??

I just love it when people ask that!  I've been pretty busy, doing--NOTHING!  Ha, ha!

A little over a week ago, I broke a toe.  I know--I am clumsy!  I was excited, as my dh was going to take me out for a date.  So, I was hurrying to wash the table.  I was quickly going around the table, when a mean old metal chair got me between the toes.  Doubled me right over.  Dh asked what was wrong.  By the look of green on my face, he knew I was in pain.  We BOTH thought my toe was dislocated, as it was laying right over the top of the little toe.  So, for our date, we spent it in the Urgent Care.  :-( 

So, I have been sitting with my foot up, and ice on it--for the most part.  :)  How does a busy mom stay down??

The very next day, we took my parents to IKEA.  Mom and Dad had never been there.  It was great!!  I wasn't planning on buying anything!  ;-)  I didn't purchase much.  I got a laptop lap holder, to keep it cooler; a little desk light that is very bright (I think I'll use that near my sewing machine, and anyplace else I can think of); and 10 new cups--they were way cheaper than the dollar store, or even a thrift store.  They got me a wheel chair, so I wouldn't have to walk that huge store.  There is no way I could have walked the store, but my dad--who just had back surgery, and has knee problems--walked the store just fine!!  We are so proud of him.

I have been doing some reading.  I love my iPad!!  But, my problem is--when I download a book from the library, they only give you 1 week to read it in.  And, it was a busy week, so I didn't get the book read.  The book was, "Life Without Limits", by Nick Vujikik.  Would I love to meet his parents!!

On Monday, I took my Mom out shopping!  We went to the Mennonite Bulk Store, and I spent way too much!  But, it is all stuff we need/use.  Then, we did some fun shopping.  Went to the 2nd hand stores.  Mom got a sofa!  I got 4 new dresses!  Rick and my Dad had to come with the trailer.  While we were waiting for them to arrive, we told them we would keep on shopping, so we could fill up the trailer. 

Then, we had to get the sofa in their house!  What a job!  But, thankfully, their neighbor saw us struggling, and came over and helped us get the patio doors off, and we got it right in.

We will be very busy, the next two weeks!  Tuesday is GKGW.  Then, we have the Living Last Supper, from Wednesday night through Saturday night.  Sunday is Easter.  Then, we have to get ready for the annual business meeting on May 1st, of which, I still need to do my report.  Yikes!  Then, later in the day on May 1st, we will take off to go to District meetings.  It will be relaxing for the children and I, but my hubby has to work it.  Then, we are talking about taking a few days off.

I have also been working on a new program I bought.  It is called "Cook 'N" by DVO.  Wonderful program!!!!  It should make my menu planning MUCH easier!  So, for now, I am putting in my recipes. 

Last night, we had a fun time.  Grilled out steaks, even though it was snowing!  Then, I made Black Forest Brownies.  Watched an episode of Good Luck, Charlie, and then played "Monkey See, Monkey Do" on the Kinect.  Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment