Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Finally free and clear!!

Well the boys went in for their 6th strep test!  It was finally a negative!!!  The first negative in 3 1/2 months!!  Then, the doctor has to tell me that they will retest the culture in 48 hours, and that 1 in 20 will test positive the next time around.  Well, we made it through that one, so we are finally strep free in our house!  Praise the Lord!!

We are in a birthday month.  I celebrated mine first, then Matthew had his 10th birthday last week, and today is Dan's 17th birthday.  My hubby and my dad are in Nashville at a Word Search conference (they fly home at midnight tonight).  Dan took it easy on me, as we took my mom and the rest of the family to Denny's.  We had a lovely brunch there.  Then, we came home and opened gifts.  Later, we will have crock pot style gyros, and he will have Carmelita bars for his birthday cake.  Then, the young people will all go rollerskating.

We had a very busy, but enriching weekend.  We hosted the Ezra/Nehemiah conference at our church, with speakers Doug Small and Eric Barger.  Doug Small talked on prayer, and Eric Barger spoke on a lot of different topics - Islam and Crislam,   The Most Dangerous Cult, and why we can believe the Bible.  Very great sessions!!!  We had sessions Friday night, and all day Saturday, as well as Sunday morning and evening.  Then, we had to pack up the speakers books, and take Eric out to eat.  Got home around midnight.  Then, we had to get up early on Monday, to take Rick and Dad to the airport.  I'm rather tired!!

So, while the fellas are gone, Mom and I went to the beauty shop and got our hair done.  Shhh--it's a surprise for the guys!  I also went through Matthew's clothes, which is the job I hate to do.  It is emotionally taxing on me, I don't know why it is, but it just is.  I also planted my peony plant I bought, as well as the Lily of the Valley pips.  Hope they come up!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment