Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Secrets

My dad is the GREATEST!!!  He has so many neat ideas on how to fix things, and to get them to work!!  I am working on the glider rocker, and I was going to get rid of all the springs (even though only 1 broke).  Dad told me how to put a new spring in (if I can just find one!)  The websites I had read, said not to install a zigzag spring yourself, but to take it to a furniture repair place, as it was too dangerous.  I forgot that my dad made furniture, and used those springs!  So, he told me that I should find a spring, and he would be able to help me get the new spring on.

Also, we had the trailer out one day, and we picked up a sofa for my parents.  We were having trouble with the light plug on the truck, and Dad asked me if I still had some of my Pepsi.  Yes, I did.  So, Dad told me to put a little bit of pop inside the plugs, let it set a bit, and then shake it out.  The lights worked perfectly!!!  Dad has so many cool ideas like that!!  And, you should see his workshop!!!  So organized!!

My neat idea came when we were looking for a new stove, which I didn't need after all.  Did you know they have ovens that steam clean??  Well, that got me thinking!  I do not like cleaning out the microwave.  Everyone is *supposed* to put a wrap on their food, but, most times it doesn't happen.  Then, the splatters get cooked on.  So, my thought--take a cup of water in a microwave safe dish, and heat it 3-4 minutes. Then, just wipe out the microwave.  It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment