Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Germ warfare

That is what I feel this sickness is!  The coughs and colds are flying around this house!  I have been spraying Lysol on all surfaces that are touched a lot.  i.e. doorknobs, lightswitches, etc.

I hope this isn't a bad winter for us.  So far, we have had the stomach flu, and now colds/coughs.  I am laying in bed today.  Sometimes, to fend off a nasty cold, if I lay low for a day, and eat lots of oranges, sleep when I need to, I can put that cold right out of here.  So, that is what I am doing.

Along with my days of busy sewing, I should mention that I also answered a bazillion phone calls.  All in the life of a pastor's family.  Some calls were regarding the upcoming Valentine's banquet.  Most were questions about a Sunday School bill. 

Today, I made the sign up sheet for the catered Valentine's banquet.  As well as got the bulletin announcements emailed.  Isn't it nice?  A young lady volunteered to do this week's bulletin!!  I love it when people come alongside and share a burden.  Normally, my hubby or I do the bulletin.  I also ordered the offering envelopes.

The weather has really gotten cold, and I will be staying home tonight, as hubby doesn't think I should be going out in the cold night air.  I didn't tell him I wasn't planning on it, as I am still in my jammies.  :)  We really need to boost our immune system.

Do you have any proven methods of getting rid of fruit flies?  I have been plagued with fruit flies since before Thanksgiving.  Every time I think they are gone, they come back in droves.  Either that, or we have a new infestation.  Did you know fruit flies also like bread??  Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment