Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sewing

I have been in a sewing mood lately.  I made a diaper bag, did a bunch of mending, and sewed up a lighted swag, and a pair of pants for Sam.

I am so pleased with how the diaper bag turned out!  I was so scared to make it, as I didn't have a pattern, and just wasn't sure I could do it.  I have had the material for about 2 months, and finally got up the courage, yesterday, to get it out, and work on it.  I made a pattern out of newspaper, so I could make sure it fit on the material.  The material I bought, was actually in a kit for a messenger tote, super small!  I bought 2 kits, and hoped I could pull it off.  Before I got it out, I prayed and asked for God's direction, in knowing how to do it.  Well, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I am a Grandma, again!!  Josh & Brittany had their first baby, a little girl!  She weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces, and they named her Elise.  She has lots of dark hair.  Poor Brittany had a long, hard labor (about 36 hours), and they had to take Elise by C-section.  But, Mom and baby are now doing well.



2 comments:

  1. I saw this diaper bag that Debbie made, and it is TOPS! I think you could go into 'business' making them, it is so beautiful! Makes me almost want to............ well, no, I don't think so... :) ha ha ... The Lord has taken care of that... anyway... folks, this is soft and cuddly and beautiful and Debbie's "additions" to the pattern are practical and useful. It's fun to be a 'great-grandma' and I'm looking forward to enjoying this role. Good going Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job honey (Grandma)! You're the bomb!

    ReplyDelete