Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I figure if you haven't posted in a while--try to catch up all in one day. :)

I forgot to mention--we were supposed to be on vacation this week.  But, we are not.  My hubby hurt his back last Friday.  I have never seen him in so much pain.  I took him to the chiropractor, who said his L4 and L5 were out of position (dh said he heard it pop!!  OUCH!)  He put him back into place, and then gave him a back brace.  Rick said he was feeling some better, but still in pain, insomuch, that he could not even sit!  Thankfully, my dad was preaching on Sunday (which is another miracle!)  Sunday afternoon, the deacons came over to the house, and prayed for him.  Sunday night, Matthew jumped up and over Rick, and he was in terrible pain, again.  But, the amazing thing??  The very next morning, he woke up, feeling much better--and could even sit!!  Yes, he is still sore, and is still recuperating, but he is so much better than he was!

So, how do you handle disappointments??  We were all counting on taking a vacation.  Yes, we will take it later, but it was rather hard to do things we normally do, thinking that we should have had some time off.

My other disappointment?  Well, my oven quit working!  So, dh had had it with the stove, as I have had a few problems with it.  So, I wrote out a list of what I wanted in a new stove.  I found the perfect one!!!  Really!!  Then, I had the idea, maybe I should pull my old stove out from the wall, unplug it, and see if the computer would reset.  Well, it did, and I'm still using it.  So, I have to give my desire for a new oven over to the Lord.  Yep--I really did want a new one (I was going to get a convection oven).  But, look how much money we saved, by just keeping the one I have.  I really do like this stove, but, I kind of had my sights on a convection oven.

The miracle of my dad?  Well, a couple weeks ago, my dad had a stroke.  Mom took him into the nearby hospital, which had the miracle stroke drug.  After they got his blood pressure down, they were able to administer this drug.  Then, they airlifted him to Eau Claire.  By the time he landed (less than 10 minutes), he had use of his hand again.  He stayed for 2 days in Critical Care, and was discharged.  The one doctor suggested he go to a Stroke Clinic, but his regular doctor says that's for people who are really bad--problems with speech, or moving a limb, etc., whereas my dad is doing great!!  So, that is the miracle that my dad was able to preach on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment