Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh, Summer Days!

I am enjoying my summer!  And finding deals!!

On Saturday, we got a corner armoire for $15!  And, a full sized bed for $10!!  We've been looking for both items for a long time.  The funny thing is, we went to the house only for the armoire.  The lady just happened to ask if we needed a bed.  We also got a slide for the jungle gym on sale, as well as a hanging pot with flowers for half price.

Sunday, we had the whole family over, and I made Crock pot style Gyros.  I think everyone enjoyed them, there wasn't any left over.  :)

On Monday, I took my mom strawberry picking.   We picked 2 one gallon pails, each.  I made mine into freezer jams, as well as some frozen whole.

Today, I spent weeding the garden.  Well, I should say I weeded, and removed rocks from my garden.  I wasn't sure if it was a vegetable garden, or a rock garden at first.  :)

Then, I fixed the pool pump.  Figured out I assembled it wrong.  Argh.  It is now working wonderful.  I still need to figure out where the hole is, in the top tube.

We went into town, to pick up some photo coffee mugs I had ordered, as well as to see about getting some donations for the Power Team.  I really need to work on the thumb tips, so we can do a Light Show for the 4th of July Fireworks.  As they are doing the Light Show, we pass out flyers, announcing the Power Team.  It draws a crowd, and what better way to get people, when they are already assembled in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment