Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberries, round 2

I decided to get some more strawberries.  So, hubby and 2 little boys went along with me.  I wish I had taken a picture of the two little boys, as the checkout lady was so tickled to see their strawberry juice faces.  We picked 2 more gallon sized pails, which I made 10 more small jars of freezer jam, and froze 9 quarts of whole tomatoes.

I also made some crock pot pork chops. Yum!  It is nice to have supper done, or nearly done, so I can go on to other things.

We finally got the netting on the cherry tree.  The tree has really gotten big, we had to hook two nets together, to get it to fit.  I waited too long to get the netting on, as we lost cherries.  Bummer.

The laundry soap was getting low, so I made a whole new, bigger batch.  The last batch was only 2 1/2 gallons.  :)  I wasn't sure if any of the children would react to it, so I made half a batch, to try it out.  Seems to be working really well.  This soap does not use Fels Naptha, which is what I think the children were having reactions to.  So, I whipped up 5 gallons of laundry soap.

Tomorrow, we plan on going to the Dells!!  Woo hoo!!  Spend some time at the water parks.

I also got a whole bunch of work done for the Power Team promotions--made up about 150 postcards, as well as worked on 4 lighted thumb tips.  They now work great!!!  The boys need to start practicing.  Oh, and I also made a mouth light, too.

It's great to get work done.  I think I will take my Chore book along to read, as long as I have 3 hours to kill in the car.  Moving right along. . .

Still need to pick up some stuff for the Sunday School picnic.  Not sure what games I should have my class partake in, or what treats to pass out. 

Siah is having a 25th birthday celebration on Saturday, we will be back for that, and will enjoy celebrating with him.  He got an I Pad for his birthday, and he is really enjoying it--almost as much as I enjoy mine.  ;-)

I should go get a bowl of my home made Very Cherry Ice Cream--it is so yummy!!!!

Update:  Instead of having the ice cream, I made two batches of popcorn.  I love my Whirley Pop popcorn popper!!  (and no, I am NOT paid, or reimbursed to say this!)  It makes the best popcorn.  The first batch I made was regular butter, and the next batch was Kettle Corn.  The children say I make the best Kettle Corn.  They are so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment