Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scoliosis

Well, time sure has lapsed, and so much has happened.  Matthew, my little sweetie, fell out of a tree house a couple of months ago.  We had taken him into ER right away--thinking that he had dislocated his shoulder.  The x-ray said his shoulder was fine, but, when we left the ER, he could not stand up, nor walk.  The docs said to give it a few days, as it was quite the fall.  After a couple of days, he was able to walk upright.  But, the pain never left.  A couple of weekends ago, he was really fussing about it a lot, so I took him to see his regular doctor, who was quite concerned about it.  He did an x-ray of his whole spinal column, only to find out Matthew has Scoliosis.  They do not think that the fall caused the scoliosis, but rather, the fall made it flare up, and actually helped diagnose it.  He has an appointment on March 9th with a Scoliosis doctor, and we will see what they will prescribe for treatment.  From what I've been told, it could be as easy as just keeping an eye on it, by having x-rays done every so often, or it could mean wearing a brace, or even surgery.  We are grateful it was detected so early.  And, as a bonus--his heart murmur is gone!

Last week, my daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, weighing in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce.  I was in the labor room with her, and she delivered with no pain meds, but that wasn't her choice.  She had a fast, hard labor.  Both mom and baby are doing well.  Baby is a bit jaundiced, but she was given a lamp to bring home.  Hopefully soon we will be done with the lamp, as this is day 2.

We are getting ready to start up with the Living Last Supper practices.  We still need to find a couple people to fill some spots. 

I am thinking of getting a new camera.  Decisions are just so hard--can I justify the expense?  Is it too big a camera for what I need?  I have a point and shoot now, but for distances it's not the best.  I am looking at a Canon DSLR T3i.  We shall see.  They have a really nice sale on now.  :)

My fruit flies are finally almost gone.  I thought they were totally gone, but I just saw a couple more.  Someone told me to put out a plate of apple cider vinegar, with a drop of dish detergent in it.  Seems to have done the trick.

So, if you think of it--will you pray for us, as we make adjustments in our house, with a new baby, and the added decisions on treatment for Matthew's scoliosis?  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment