Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Freaky and Freakier!!

Yesterday, after Matthew got his cast off, I had 1/2 hour to hop in the pool.  So, then, hubby decides to come in the pool, too.  While we are relaxing, the children come running outside, to tell us there is something dead in our bathroom!!  How's that for relaxing???

So, Rick went inside to check it out, and it was a dead bat--in MY bathroom!!!!!  He got rid of it, but it has been bothering me, as to how this thing got in there.  That's the freaky part.

I think I finally figured it out today!!  I went in the bathroom, and put my swimsuit on.  Mine was hanging in the bathroom.  I left, and went into the pool.

Hubby decides to go swimming, but his swimsuit was hanging on the clothesline.  I think the bat was in his swimsuit, and it (thankfully!) fell out before he put it on.  That is the freakier part.  :)  Needless to say, hubby is really freaked out, as well as the children. 

So, there was something the people in the old west did, and that was to shake out your clothes, and shoes, before putting them on.  Good advice!!  Our friend Rex M. in California, can attest to that.  A few years ago, he had to get up early for work.  So, rather than disturb his wife, by getting out his clothes in the early morning, he got them out, and laid them on the bathroom floor.  Well, a scorpion crawled into his underwear, and yes, he got stung, and, yes, he did end up disturbing his wife's sleep the next morning. 

Matthew's cast is off now, and he does not need to do therapy.  He does have to work on touching his shoulder, as that movement is very limited.  The doctor said it could take months, or years, before he is able to do that, because of bone growth.

Last night, we had a meeting at the church, as we are contemplating new Sunday School curriculum.  Hubby and I took the 4 wheeler to church.  On the way home, I was looking at a burned area near the railroad tracks (that happened last week, and thankfully, the fire department got there before it got out of hand).  Well, I saw something further up from the burned area, so we went to look.  We found a gas can, with something sticking out of it.  We have now informed our town's maintenance man, and he is looking into it, as it may have been arson.

I am busy planning our next school year.  So, I am trying to get that done before August 1st.  I am hoping that the month of August will be a relaxing time for me, before I get into the next school year.  Yes, I know we have Sports Camp, but I don't want to have things hanging over my head.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment