Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

God is good!!

Yesterday was a very productive day!!  On top of fixing the bumper for the table, making a new hammock seat, I was also able to go through Andrew's clothes!!  So, I have all the boys' clothes cleaned out.  Woo hoo!  And--while supper was in the oven, I was even able to put in a new screen in the screen door--praise the Lord for the right tools!!  I have replaced other screens with just a screwdriver and a knife, and it took forever!!  Having a little tool, and a sharp utility knife, I had it in place in 1/2 hour or less!!  Then, we ate supper, and headed to church.

While I was at church, Jon called saying he broke down on the way home.  Or, he said, maybe he was out of gas.  I had to run home, grab the tow rope, a gas can, and my phone charger, as the phone was almost dead.  Stopped and got gas in the gas can.  I prayed all the way to pick him up--Lord, PLEASE let him just be out of gas--as I really don't want to have to tow him.  I found him on the road, and we started putting the gas in his tank, and while we did that, we prayed.  We quoted to Him, that where 2 or 3 are gathered together in His name, He is there in the midst of us.  Well, Lord, there are 2 of us here, and we need Your help.  Finished putting the gas in, and the car started up!!  Praise the Lord!! 

We figure someone might have siphoned his gas, as he had filled the car up recently (the gas gauge is broke).  So, we got home, he showered, and then we took off to the closest Wal-Mart.  Stopped in at Fleet Farm, and bought a locking gas cap.  Then, headed to Wal-Mart, as I needed to buy some bandages, as while Jon was at work, he got a nasty cut on his hand.  I bought butterfly bandages, some bandage tape, and super glue.  Came home, and fixed him up. 

You never know what a day will hold.

Today, we are planning  when to take some (much needed) time off.  I am also planning a menu, and going shopping.  :)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment