Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Counting Down

Well, the play starts tomorrow night.  I've been filling my days with last minute preparations.  Yesterday, I did some more work on most of the costumes--just made the seams more secure, and pinked the edges.  I did not do it on the "dirty" costumes.

I also ripped out a pair of Sam's pants that I started a few months ago.  I was having problems, and needed to rip it all out.  So, now I got them all done. I. hate. ripping. out.   And I had to do it over and over, trying to get the pant leg hemmed properly.  I guess it would have been better, if I had a pattern.  :)

I also typed in the whole programme for the Living Last Supper.  I had it done, in a card program, but I ended up doing it in Word.  Then, I also typed in a flyer for an Ezra/Nehemiah conference we are hosting in May.  I did that in Word, also!!  My skills are improving!  LOL

Today, I ran both the flyers, and cut them (about 150), and I printed off one copy of the bulletin.  Rick took that up to church and ran and folded them.  So, that is done.

Also, today, I used Dan as a guinea pig.  I needed someone to practice on, with the fake blood.  To have it running down the cheek, and smears on the face.  I think we finally got it, and he was such a dear to let me practice on him.  Then, we needed to see if we could get it all off, so we could take pictures later.

I think it is a go!

So many things I need to remember to bring--all the costumes, fake blood, script, camera.  Whew!

Today, I was also working on doing up a menu, for longer than 1 week.  Maybe tomorrow I can work some more on it.  I've been battling a headache.

Tonight, my hubby goes in for his sleep test.  I think he's a bit nervous, sleeping with someone watching.  :)

We had a huge turkey in our back yard today.  (I guess the family has seen up to four turkeys over the last week.)



We also got our motel rooms reserved for District Summit, which is coming up soon.  I looked online, and it said that there were not any rooms available, but when hubby called, they had lots of rooms.  We need 3 this time--2 for us, and one for Josh & Brittany.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment