Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More sicknesses and 8 days to go!

Matthew just finished his antibiotics, so we are waiting to see if he breaks out with it again.  My hubby got the influenza.  We got him in to see the doctor, and they were able to prescribe Tamiflu, as well as a strong cough medicine.  He is doing better, much better!  But, because of the sicknesses, it prevented Ben from coming home for a visit.

8 days till the Living Last Supper!  I am feverishly working on costumes!!!  I did up two costumes for the other guys to get crucified in.  I got those all "dirtied up"--by taking make-up and brushing it on, around a neckline, on the edges of sleeves, and hem of tunic, as well as on shoulders, elbows and knees.  I'm pleased with them.  I also made a costume for Andrew, and 2 for women.  Now, I am working on making a Jewish priest outfit.  That is taking a bit more work, as I need to make a prayer shawl, tassels, and stripes to try to get straight.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be done!!  Someone blessed me, and ordered mugs to be sold for the drama presentation.  I took the picture, but someone made the mugs.






This week in school, we have been studying the French Revolution.  For some projects, we made a French flag (which is pretty easy, as it is just strips of blue, white and red).  Then, for a bigger project, we made Banana Crepes, with a caramel sauce.  Oh, yum!!!!  They were a huge hit!!  We didn't make a whole French meal, as I didn't have that much time, so it was a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, baked potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts.  Everyone agreed they would like Crepes again. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment